Bachelor of Arts in Multimedia Communication
Communication and Theater
Digital Media Arts
The baccalaureate program in Multimedia Communication provides a thorough background in liberal arts with an emphasis on how the media operates in the world to shape the public mind. We consider issues of production and consumption of media forms in theoretical and practical terms. Some courses are directed at the theories behind the media process and others are more directed at hands-on media production experiences such as journalism, video production, and desktop publishing.
All the courses provide excellent opportunities for a motivated student interested in working in the communications industry at a professional level to hone the thought processes and skills needed to compete in a very competitive career area. Such well-developed fundamental skills allow students to enter organizations or institutions in need of creative people who can produce media messages consistent with that organization’s objectives.
Graduates of the Multimedia Communication Program:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the theories of effective mediated communication.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the ways in which the media influence social, cultural and economic spheres of human activity through effective research and writing.
3. Create effective print, audio, video and interactive presentations directed at specific target audiences that demonstrate an understanding of the use of hardware, software, and online resources.
4. Carry out their work in an ethical and a professional manner.
• Students in Multimedia Communication program typically staff the College’s student newspaper, WXStream internet radio station, and WCTV campus cable TV channel
Meet the Faculty