1. Submit a completed Wesley College Graduate Application Form.
2. Send official transcripts of all prior academic work to the Office of Graduate Studies.
3. Have an earned Baccalaureate degree in environmental science or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university.
4. Submit two letters of recommendation. At least one letter should address academic capabilities.
1. The student must have earned an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale).
2. Students enrolled in the M.S. program are required to complete 30 hours coursework receiving a B or better in each course.
3. Submit a 300-word personal statement discussing your desire to study at Wesley College and your plans for the graduate Environmental Science degree.
Core program coursework includes:
ES506 Research Methods
ES507 Experimental and Project Research
ES508 Environmental Law
ES547 Environmental Policy
ES522 Spatial Analysis Using Geographical Information Systems and Image Analysis
ES600 Environmental Sciences Integrated Thesis Project
Other coursework may include:
ES500 Air Resources
ES545 Current Topics in Environmental Sciences: Soils and Water Resources
ES505 Environmental Bioremediation
ES510 Environmental Ethics
ES511 Hazardous Materials Management
ES512 Hazard Assessment and Management
ES520 Environmental Calculations and Treatment Methods
ES525 Environmental Project Management And Control
ES530 Current Topics in Environmental Sciences: Air Resources
ES535 Environmental Regulatory Permitting and Risk Assessment
ES555 Environmental Instrumentation
ES575 Special Topics in Environmental Sciences
Currently, students can select either the non-thesis or thesis option.
Please refer to the Graduate Catalog for further details.