Dr. Tery Griffin
Associate Professor of Media Arts
Why I Teach:"After my own experiences at both large and small institutions, I decided I would be happier teaching at a small college, where I would have the opportunity to really get to know and work with my students. Wesley fit that description."
College Center 415
Ph.D., Educational Communication and Technology, New York University
M.F.A., Creative Writing Emphasis: Fiction, University of Michigan
B.A., English, Trinity College
- Griffin, Teresa and Deb Cohen. Critical Reading of the Web. Communication Teacher 26.1 (2012), 5-9.
Grants and Awards:
- Individual Artist Fellowship in Literature: Fiction, from the Delaware Division of the Arts, 2010.
- Invited member of the Mid Atlantic Artist Registry, 2010.
- Participant in Delaware Division of the Arts 2008 Poetry and Fiction Writers Retreat.
- Featured reader at Second Saturday Poets, September 2013.
- Featured reader at Fiction Reading sponsored by the Delaware Division of the Arts and the Friends of Kirkwood Library. Wilmington, Delaware. August 8, 2010.
- "The Impact of Low SES on Success for Undergraduates: Impressions of Faculty and Counseling Center Staff." Lead researcher, working with Dr. Deborah Cohen and Dr. Karen Tsukada, both from the University of Delaware Counseling Center. International Working Class / Poverty Class Academics Conference. Little Rock, Arkansas. June 26-27, 2010.
- "Critical reading and writing for the web." National Conference of Teachers of English. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. November 19-22, 2009.
- "Media Arts and the digital divide." International Digital Media Arts Association Conference. Muncie, Indiana. November 5-7, 2009.
- "Teaching with free software: the digital divide and Media Arts." Working Class Studies Association Conference: Class Matters. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. June 3-6, 2009.
ME100 Media in Your Life
ME200 History of the U.S. Mass Media
ME490 Media Arts Senior Project
ME482 Media Arts Internships
ME343 Interactive Media Production
ME342 Digital Photography
ME280 Campus Media Production
ME241/341 Desktop Publishing
ME240 Web Design and Development
ME140 Digital Media Literacy