Dr. Alban Urbanas
Professor of Philosophy and French
Why I Teach:"My commitment is to the fostering of intellectual curiosity, the expansion of mental horizons, and the pursuit of knowledge for the common good."
College Center 432
Ph.D., University of Paris
M.B.A., George Mason University
M.A., University of Paris
B.A., University of Paris
- La notion d’accident chez Aristote: logique et métaphysique, Bellarmin/Les Belles Lettres, Paris and Montreal, 1988.
- “On the Alleged Impossibility of a Science of Accidents in Aristotle”, in Graduate Faculty Philosophy Journal, Vol. 13, No. 2, New School for Social Research, 1990.
- “On ‘essentially’ in Aristotle, in Aristotle’s Ontology, ed. A. Preus and J. Anton, SUNY Press, 1992.
- Translation of “Beckett’s Generic Writing” by Alain Badiou, in Journal of Beckett Studies, Vol. 4, No. 1, Florida State University, 1994.
- Translation of “Wagner’s Ascetic Ideal According to Nietzsche”, by Sarah Kofman, in Nietzsche, Genealogy, Morality: Essays on Nietzsche’s On the Genealogy of Morals, ed. R. Schacht, University of California Press, 1994.
PH100 Introduction to Philosophy
FR100 Beginning French I
HN102 Nature of Knowledge
PH260 Critical Thinking
PH300 Business Ethics
PH350 Ancient Philosophy
ES411 Environmental Ethics