Dr. Alban Urbanas
Professor of Philosophy and French
Why I Teach:"My commitment is to the fostering of intellectual curiosity, the expansion of mental horizons, and the pursuit of knowledge for the common good."
College Center 432
Ph.D., University of Paris
M.B.A., George Mason University
M.A., University of Paris
B.A., University of Paris
- Translation of “Beckett’s Generic Writing,” by the contemporary French philosopher Alain Badiou, in “The Beckett Critical Reader,” edited by S.E. Gontarski, Edinburgh University Press, 2012.
- Translation of “Wagner’s Ascetic Ideal According to Nietzsche”, by Sarah Kofman, in Nietzsche, Genealogy, Morality: Essays on Nietzsche’s On the Genealogy of Morals, ed. R. Schacht, University of California Press, 1994.
- “On ‘essentially’ in Aristotle, in Aristotle’s Ontology, ed. A. Preus and J. Anton, SUNY Press, 1992.
- “On the Alleged Impossibility of a Science of Accidents in Aristotle”, in Graduate Faculty Philosophy Journal, Vol. 13, No. 2, New School for Social Research, 1990.
- La notion d’accident chez Aristote: logique et métaphysique, Bellarmin/Les Belles Lettres, Paris and Montreal, 1988.
PH100 Introduction to Philosophy
FR100 Beginning French I
HN102 Nature of Knowledge
PH260 Critical Thinking
PH300 Business Ethics
PH350 Ancient Philosophy
ES411 Environmental Ethics