Assistant Professor of Physical Education
Why I Teach:"I teach because I believe physical education to be an integral part of human development, educating the 'whole' person, in spirit, mind and body. Due to low test scores and reduced budgets, many physical educators are forced to justify the existence of their program within a school-wide curriculum. Therefore, I believe future physical educators must break down the current stigma associated with 'gym class,' innovating ways to relate physical education to other areas of study."
Ph.D., Physical Education: Teaching and Administration, Springfield College
M.Ed., Physical Education: Grades 5-12 Specialization, Salem State University
B.S., Physical Education: Teacher Licensure Program, Grades K-12, Springfield College
- Member of AAHPERD since 2000.
- Attended Models-Based Instruction for Physical Education Workshop, Georgia State University July 2012.
- Active Coach with the First Tee of Delaware Chapter.
- Received notices of acceptance for two presentations:
- “An Introduction to the Cooperative Learning Model: How Task Structures Are Used for Accountability” at the Delaware Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Conference at Delaware State University
- “The Cooperative Learning Model in Middle School Physical Education” at the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance Conference in St. Louis, Missouri.
PE100 Freshman Seminar
PE151 Net/Wall and Striking/Fielding Games
PE262 Motor Development
PE299 Second Year Seminar
PE351 Methods of Teaching Net/Wall and Striking/Fielding Games
PE399 Pre-Student Teaching Seminar