Master of Education (M.Ed.) Curriculum and Instruction
Program is offered online and face to face.
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) Curriculum and Instruction degree is designed for anyone with a baccalaureate degree who has career goals related to education outside the formal K-12 school setting such as in informal education, educational consulting, higher education, or corporate education. The program has an 18 semester hour core (see MA.Ed. core) and the second half of the degree is conducted independently either on the current job site or within an internship placement obtained by the department of Education on the candidate’s behalf. The M.Ed. candidate may opt to complete a project, or to write a thesis. Thesis option must be on the recommendation of the Education faculty upon defense of project proposal in ED 530. Research Methodology and Design. Currently the program is not offered to students in Maryland, the District of Columbia or Virginia. Wesley is working toward state approval for online programs.
Applicants to the M.Ed. must submit:
1. A completed graduate application to the Office of Graduate Admissions (U.S. applicants) or the International Office of Graduate Admissions (international applicants).
2. U.S. applicants must submit all undergraduate transcripts, including their terminal degree transcript from accredited universities they attended (3.00 GPA is required for unconditional admission to candidacy).
3. International applicants must submit an official transcript analysis of their undergraduate degree that verifies the degree meets U.S. higher education requirements, and meet additional admissions requirements as communicated by the International Programs Admission Counselors.
4. All applicants must submit a written statement of purpose for pursing the degree.
5. All applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from a supervisor or peer who can speak to their potential for graduate work.
6. All applicants must submit a resume and career objectives.
For more information, contact B. Patricia Patterson, Graduate Program Director, at b.patricia.patterson(at)wesley.edu.
Education Website (TEACH)
Meet the Faculty