New Student Orientation at Wesley College occurs in two parts.
All new Wolverines are REQUIRED to attend both parts of the New Student Orientation Program.
Part 1: SOAR (Summer Orientation and Academic Registration)
SOAR is the one-day Summer Orientation Program that occurs early in the summer. This is a day long program that runs from 8:45am to 4pm. We’ll cover what it means to live on-campus, how to get involved and you will complete your academic scheduling during this time. All incoming students are REQUIRED to attend the full day session.
Registration for SOAR is currently open or as soon as you make your deposit with Admissions. Please register for your preferred session using our SOAR Registration Form.
Incoming students should rank the sessions; first, second, and third in order of preference. Please note that these dates are only requests and incoming students will be scheduled based on the receipt of registration. Once a session is full, you will be scheduled for your second or third preferred date chosen. Dates go quickly so make sure you sign up soon to get the one you want!
Following the receipt of your SOAR Registration Form, you will be emailed a session confirmation. This letter will include your confirmed SOAR date and schedule of the day.
Two (2) parents and/or guardians are allotted for each incoming student for the day.
*** If you have not received your Orientation session confirmation by one week prior to the earliest Orientation date you selected, please contact the Office of Student Activities at orientation(at)wesley.edu or (302) 736-2506.
Part 2: Continuing Orientation
Continuing Orientation is a four-day program that takes place in August immediately prior to the beginning of classes. Incoming students are REQUIRED to participate in this program, which is a continuation of SOAR. There is no additional fee for Continuing Orientation as the initial Admissions fee covers the cost of both parts of Orientation. Check in for Continuing Orientation begins at 9am on August 22nd. A more detailed schedule of events will be available to you during SOAR.
Students living on-campus will be able to move into their residence hall rooms on Thursday, August 22nd prior to the start of the Continuing Orientation program. Students living on-campus will receive their fall housing assignment and specific move-in information from the Office of Residence Life. Students should receive their housing assignment information by July 15, 2013. If you have not received your housing assignment by that date please contact Residence Life at (302) 736-2506.
Continuing Orientation 2013 Dates Thursday, August 22 – Sunday, August 25.
- All first-year transfer or commuting students are required to attend all four days of Continuing Orientation.
- All students are required to go through the Check In process on August 22nd.
- All meals will be provided during Continuing Orientation for commuter students who do not have a meal plan for the fall semester.
- If an incoming student is participating in a fall sport, the respective coach for that team will have information regarding preseason activities.
- During Continuing Orientation students will attend a series of programs and events designed to bridge the gap between high school and college as well as orient you to Wesley College
- Additionally, all new Wolverines are required to attend at least 3 of the FYE Lecture Series programs in the fall semester which touch on alcohol education, diversity, body image and healthy relationships as well as other topics.
Any questions can be directed to the Office of Student Activities at orientation(at)wesley.edu or by calling (302) 736-2506.