New Student Orientation at Wesley College occurs in two parts a one day summer orientation and a multiple day event just before school begins.
All new Wolverines are REQUIRED to attend both parts of the New Student Orientation Program.
Part 1: SOAR (Summer Orientation and Academic Registration)
SOAR is the one-day Summer Orientation Program that runs from 8:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. You will learn what it means to live on-campus, how to succeed academically and access your Fall schedule of classes. All incoming students are REQUIRED to attend the full day session.
After depositing with admissions you will receive information to complete an Interest Inventory and select your SOAR date. Following the receipt of your Interest Inventory, you will be emailed a session confirmation. This letter will include your confirmed SOAR date and schedule of the day.
Two (2) parents and/or guardians are allotted for each incoming student for the day.
Part 2: WOW (Windows On Wesley)
WOW is a four-day program that takes place in August immediately prior to the beginning of classes. Incoming students are REQUIRED to participate in this program, which is a continuation of SOAR. There is no additional fee for Continuing Orientation as the initial Admissions fee covers the cost of both parts of Orientation. Check in for WOW begins at 9 a.m. on August 20. A more detailed schedule of events for WOW will be available during SOAR.
New students will be able to move into their residence hall rooms on Thursday, August 20 prior to the start of the WOW program. Students living on-campus will receive their fall housing assignment and specific move-in information from the Office of Residence Life by the first week of August. If you have not received your housing assignment by that date, please contact Residence Life at (302) 736-2506.
WOW 2015 Dates: Thursday, August 20 – Sunday, August 23.
- All first-year transfer or commuting students are required to attend all four days of WOW.
- All students are required to complete the Check In process on August 20.
- All meals will be provided during WOW for commuter students who do not have a meal plan for the fall semester.
- If an incoming student is participating in a fall sport, the respective coach for that team will have information regarding required preseason activities.
- During WOW, students will attend a series of programs and events designed to transition from high school to college as well as orient you to Wesley College.
Any questions can be directed to the Office of Student Affairs by calling (302) 736-2506.